Get support – wherever you are
Is access to specialists, long distance travel or lack of time a problem for you?
I provide online consultations via secure video-conferencing or telephone.
My e-psychology clients find that being able to access treatment remotely means they can get the help they need, when and where it’s convenient.
Studies have demonstrated that telehealth consultations can provide the same treatment outcomes as face-to-face therapy:
- good therapeutic relationship
- symptom reduction
- improvement in quality of life
- client satisfaction
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth refers to services delivered online or by telephone – access to psychology services can be provided to anyone, anywhere. For example, people in rural, remote and outer metropolitan areas can see me without the time and expense involved in travelling to Melbourne, Australia. Likewise, people who live in Metropolitan areas and who do not want to (or cannot) go into clinics can access support wherever they are.
How do I organise Telehealth?
A referral is not needed to access this service.
Note: From November 1, 2017 Medicare will provide rebates for 7 individual psychological sessions in a calendar year to people living in rural and remote areas of Australia. (One of the first 4 sessions must be face-to-face.)
- Check if you are eligible from the following link – Telehealth (zoom in on the map and choose your locale – you will be eligible for rebated sessions if you live in a MMM 4, 5, 6 or 7 region)
- Call and see if I’m the right psychologist for you
- Get a referral letter and Mental Health Care Plan from your GP
- Book in